Document management in modern conditions is a complex organizational and technical task. Without solving this problem, real chaos can reign in the field of the document management of an organization.
Electronic Document Management Systems in a Modern Organization
Documentation is an integral part of the work of any company. The effectiveness of management decisions and the activities of the organization depends on the quality and algorithm of working with it. Documents are necessary for management and not just valuable in themselves – this is the principle of documenting activities: all necessary information should be reflected in the documents; documents should be stored in such a way that they are not lost and can be easily found; all decisions made must be implemented.
The issue of document management is important for all links involved in business processes. A well-established document management system in the company makes it possible to reduce the operating time and direct it to more important tasks. This is especially true for enterprises that face the need to receive, process, and store several hundred documents every day.
Analyzing the activities necessary for the implementation of a document management system, the following groups can be distinguished:
- organizational and methodological measures;
- technical solutions;
- passing the necessary legislation.
Why Do Companies Need a Good Management System?
Now in many countries, authorities are considering the possibility of organizing document management in government structures using cloud technologies. At the same time, those authorities that are responsible for ensuring document management at the state level are developing guidelines and standards for working with documents in cloud environments.
As a rule, conversations about the need to automate the workflow system begin with the registration of incoming/outgoing documents in electronic form and the provision of traditional office work in the style of “executor” – “controller.” The result of using the electronic document management system, in this case, is an increase in the efficiency of the office and simplification of control over the execution of orders. One has only to remember that the vast topic of electronic document management is not limited to office automation.
A document management system with a developed archival system allows you to overcome information chaos by linking documents into logical blocks. In addition, the fight against information chaos can be carried out by such tools of the document management system as advanced tools for attribute and full-text search.
What Are the Benefits of Electronic Document Management Systems?
- In a company supplying complex telecommunications equipment, each contract is a complex document with numerous appendices. In its preparation, it is necessary to coordinate the work of several departments located in different cities.
- A decentralized or mixed form of workflow in enterprises with several structural divisions can cause conflict situations and reduce the speed of processing and data compilation.
- Working with document management at the level of responsible employees is often the cause of low professional efficiency. Lack of a clear document management system invariably leads to routine, loss of documentation, and low productivity.
- Document routing tools allow you to overcome functional chaos by providing information about the state of the processed document, and who is responsible for its preparation, and approval.
- A significant advantage is the ability to quickly deploy – sometimes, you only need a terminal to get started, and the supplier is ready to take care of all other problems.